OM UK is a charitable organisation, registered in England and Wales (1008196) and Scotland (SCO40988). We are also a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (2564320).
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when OM UK collects and uses your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully and if you’d like to learn more about our data protection and privacy policies or get further clarification, please contact us and we will be happy to assist.
Address: Data Protection Officer, OM UK, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, Oswestry, SY10 7LT
We are committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Bill 2017.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information in the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
- Fill out one of our “We would like to keep in touch” cards
- Donate to an OM project
- Donate towards the support of an OM worker
- Submit a Gift Aid declaration
- Apply for more information about serving with OM
- Apply for Teenstreet
- Contact us with an enquiry;
- Apply for a role to join our team in the UK.
- Are a church leader and have a partnership relationship with us
- Visit our website. Please see the Cookies Section for more information;
From other sources:
- We may use the Royal Mail’s postcode finder, National Change of Address update (NCOA®), the electoral roll, or other services to check the accuracy of the address we hold;
The personal information we collect
- Personal identifiers such as your title, name and year of birth;
- Contact details including postal address, post code, email and telephone number;
- Financial information such as your bank details;
- Whether you are a UK tax payer;
- How we first came into contact with you.
- Records of your contact with us.
Sensitive personal data
Sensitive personal data includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
OM UK is a Christian organisation and where necessary and consented to, we may collect details about your church affiliations and personal faith.
Additionally, we collect details about any health concerns or disability to assess suitability to serving with us as not all locations we serve are suitable for all people. We will also keep any data that you have disclosed to us so we can meet your requirements.
OM UK will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with greater care and process the information in accordance with the data protection regulations.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To supply you with any information that you have requested.
- To enable us to process enquiries and applications to serve in the UK or overseas.
- To enable us to process donations.
- To reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations, if applicable.
- When you visit our website, we may gather information about which pages you visit to help us improve and provide you with the best service.
- To determine and improve the effectiveness of our website and marketing campaigns.
- To keep you informed about our work. Please see more details in the Marketing Permissions Section.
- To enable us to contact you with relevant and the most appropriate information. Please see more details in the Fundraising section.
- For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirements.
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD PAYMENT INFORMATION
When you donate online or over the phone, OM UK will ensure that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. All credit or debit card details are entered directly into our card processing merchant services web portal and are never recorded or stored in any of our systems on completion of your transaction. We will never ask you to email us with any credit or debit card details.
We love sharing news about the difference that your support is making to our work. This includes sending you information about our work, news, appeals, campaigns, events, and prayer requests.
Email and text marketing:
We will ask for your permission to contact you by email or text for marketing purposes.
From time to time we may send you information about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post. If you have registered with the Mail Preference Service (MPS), we will only send you marketing communication by post if you have given us permission to do so.
OM UK is committed to respecting your choice to receive marketing information. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by:
- Calling our friendly team on 01691 773388
- Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in each email communication we send
- Visiting our web page: https://www.uk.om.org/mysubscriptions
Our news publications and website provide opportunities to donate towards our work. We send out occasional appeals by post to those who we hold an existing relationship with and those who have consented to receive them. You can contact us at any time if you wish to stop receiving appeals by post.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
OM UK may share your information with other OM offices in connection with applications to serve overseas. We may also share your data with trusted data-cleaning companies in order to remove incorrect addresses from our database. We will always enter a non-disclosure agreement with any such companies.
With these exceptions, and aside any legal obligation upon us to share your data, we will not share your data with any other parties.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
OM UK will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. For example, HMRC requires that we keep a record of your name, address and Gift Aid declaration for six years from the date of your last donation. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have the right to:
- Request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information we hold about you.
- To correct or update your personal information processed by OM UK.
- To request OM UK to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
- To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone. Please see the Marketing Permissions section for more information about how to change or update your contact permissions and preferences.
- To know about the cookies OM UK uses, so that you can decide whether to give us permission to store a cookie on your device. Please see the Cookies section for more information.
For more information about your information rights visit www.ico.org.uk
Reporting concerns or compliments
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about OM UK’s handling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
OM UK will review our privacy notice regularly. The terms of this notice may be updated at any time so please do check our website from time to time. If there are any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will provide a prominent notice on our website or send a notification.
How to manage your cookie settings
Many web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari, will allow some control over cookies through their settings. To manage your cookie settings, please refer to your browser software. For more information about cookies and how to delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Acceptance of cookie use